Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/09/13, 4:22 pm

My husband and father of our 12 year old son left with another woman in 2005. They had a miscarriage at that time, but they eventually had a daughter and split up. He lives in a property jointly owned by us, has had various live-in women there. He promised to pay me 100.00 weekly for our son but payed 75.00 then $65.00. When he misses a week he will not catch it up later. He sends 120.00 to 4 children listed on his income taxes for dependents but they are his sisters' children and there is no legal obligation. The mother of the girl born out of wedlock receives food stamps and medicaid. The courts will go after his wages on May 23, 2013. What can I do to assure my child gets what he should before a court order is applied and protect any joint properties? During our marriage together we bought 2 land lots and put a mobile home on each. He lives in one and the other is not set yet for electricity, ect.

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/10/13, 5:22 am by John Smitten

You need a court order for support instead of just a "promise to pay" so retain counsel and get a support order.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

McGuire Law Offices 1173 NE Cleveland Street Clearwater, FL 33755

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search