Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My husband and father of our 12 year old son left with another woman in 2005. They had a miscarriage at that time, but they eventually had a daughter and split up. He lives in a property jointly owned by us, has had various live-in women there. He promised to pay me 100.00 weekly for our son but payed 75.00 then $65.00. When he misses a week he will not catch it up later. He sends 120.00 to 4 children listed on his income taxes for dependents but they are his sisters' children and there is no legal obligation. The mother of the girl born out of wedlock receives food stamps and medicaid. The courts will go after his wages on May 23, 2013. What can I do to assure my child gets what he should before a court order is applied and protect any joint properties? During our marriage together we bought 2 land lots and put a mobile home on each. He lives in one and the other is not set yet for electricity, ect.

John Smitten McGuire Law Offices

You need a court order for support instead of just a "promise to pay" so retain counsel and get a support order.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida