Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My husband wants 50/50 shared parenting of our son, he does not have a job or a home (we are currently still living in the same home but the home and land is in my name and was acquired before we were married). My husband and I will not be able tocome to an agreement and the judge will ultimately have to make the decision. What are the chances a judge would grant 50/50? Does the court give credit for desire to be in a childs life so much as to grant 50/50? My husband does not want to divorce because I pay all the bills, even before he was fired, so if there is a strong chance he will get 50/50 I am not willing to take the chance of losing my baby.

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

"losing my baby" is a flawed point of view it is his child too. The statute states clearly that it is the public policy of the state of FL to award frequent time sharing to both parents.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida