Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/19/05, 9:51 am


If my son's wife has been cheating on him, does he have any chance at getting his children, at least rotating custody? They are separated now and she has been taking their children to her boyfriends and was also taking them there before they separated. Can he file at fault divorce in Florida because of her boyfriends/infidelity? Can he prevent the children from moving out of the state with her and her boyfriend? Thank you

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/19/05, 12:06 pm by Elissa Vessal

Re: Infidelity

The law has evolved such that mothers do not automatically gain custody of the children. The Courts recognize that children benefit from a strong relationship with both parents and will consider many factors when determining custody. It is most importantant that you son contact an attorney to protect his rights.

Elissa Vessal


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Elissa S. Vessal, Esquire PA 1880 N. Congress Ave., Ste. 200 Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search