Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Is it legal, as a married couple, to use cash that was found hidden by their spouse to pay electric and utility bills that are overdue?

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

yes it is all marital property, half yours. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

I find this to be an odd question so I have to assume that you are a foreigner in our country. I suggest when you have time to seek out a family law attorney and ask these types of questions so that you will know what your rights are here in the U.S. Most consultations are free up to an hour and I feel that you would benefit greatly from doing this.

The answer is yes. However, I wonder if there will be repercussions from your spouse for doing so. the U.S. offers protection under injunctions for spousal abuse which ranges from yelling and degrading to physical attacks.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida