Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

If you legally let someone adopt your child, is there a way to adopt the child back later on ?

Asked on 8/22/13, 9:26 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Consensual adoption when both parents agree to a single parent or to both parents if they are married is completely legal in Florida. Adopting the child back is generally only possible with consent from the parents who adopted. In other words, adoptions are usually permanent and irreversible.

Read more
8/22/13, 9:32 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes if eveyone signs the necessary docs otherwise no. Legally you do not exist as a parent right now.

Read more
8/22/13, 9:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88263 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now