Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I took out a loan with my father as cosigner because I desperately needed it. When it arrived, he stole the check and then abandoned the family. How do I sue him to make him responsible because he used me and then disappeared to leave me with the burden!

Asked on 6/10/13, 8:52 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

1. You must locate him.

2. Does he have assets to collect form?

3. Have you informed the police?

Read more
6/10/13, 9:02 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Try to contact the police maybe they will pursue grand theft charges, otherwise you have to sue him in court.

Read more
6/10/13, 10:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88283 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now