Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

i am married and my wife and i are splitting up we have 2 cars one of them has my name on the bill of sale and the loan but the registration is in her name only. Am i allowed to take the car untill we go to the judge and resolve our marrage.

Sanford M. Martin Sanford M. Martin, P.A.

Based only on the facts provided in your inquiry, generally, yes, you and your wife may use such property acquired during your marriage. Unless she has some court order prohibiting your use of the property, restraining order, or other order restricting your living in the marital residence, use of vehicles, etc., you may use the vehicle, assuming you are covered on the auto insurance, etc. Advised to consult a family law attorney regarding resolution through marital settlement agreement as part of a dissolution.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA