Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/10/13, 12:04 pm

We are moving to another state and there is a minor child who will be going with us. His parents are allowing him to go with us however we are unsure of the best way to handle the legal side. Is emancipation of the minor or guardianship transfer the best way to go. This isn't a small move this is from Florida to Alaska so if the child becomes ill or gets hurt I need to be able to get him help and am not sure how to go about this with the child not being mine. Any advice will be helpful. Thank you.

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/10/13, 3:45 pm by John Smitten

If not related to the parents then you need temporary guardianship or temporary custody order.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

McGuire Law Offices 1173 NE Cleveland Street Clearwater, FL 33755

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search