Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My parental rights were terminated in october after a long battle with DCF. I feel that my court appointed lawyer did not do everything in her power to help me keep my rights. DCF said that I was not compliant with my case plan, even though we had done everything that was asked and never had a positive UA. I have had dozens of people tell me that I got screwed. Since my rights have been terminated my mother in law is supposed to adopt my kids. Is there anyway I can halt the adoption so I can try to get my case reopened? Please Help!

Asked on 12/21/11, 9:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Probably not, since it doesn't sound like you appealed on time. And court-appointed dependency lawyers aren't like public defenders. If you don't like your court-appointed dependency lawyer, then you have to hire your own private attorney. You should sit down with a dependency lawyer and explain your entire case to see if that lawyer can spot something, though.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/12, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now