Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My parents emotionally abuse me, and I cant take it anymore! I'm scared! However, its to late for me to get emancipated because I am to close to my 18th birthday. Please, I want out and I cant wait any longer, what can I do????

Asked on 7/30/12, 9:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you can be emancipated at 16. You must show that you are able to support yourself. However, if not, I would ask that you contact Child Abuse Services, Dept of Children and Family Services and have them come and get you and have them investigate your living conditions.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/12, 5:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now