Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

If one party is order by the court to pay for both lawyers should the Party order to pay get a Bill from the other lawyer ? In the Divorce The X is telling me to send them a check and they will pay the lawyer if not it will cost me more is that true ?

Asked on 6/27/12, 11:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. You need to see the bill to determine if fair and reasonable.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/12, 11:55 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the fee is not reasonable, you can have the judge decrease the amount. You will need to have an expert review it and the expert's fees can be paid by the other party.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/12, 6:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now