Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

past due alimony payments

My former spouse is behind in alimony payments by $1,500.00 and, although he sends alimony every month, it is constantly late. I have severe cardiac problems and need this money to survive. I would like to have his wages garnished as he can more than afford to make the payments in full and on time. He is currently earning over $550.00 per day.

Alicia Santana Torres Santana Torres Law Offices, PL

Re: past due alimony payments

You need to petition the court for enfocement and ask that he pay through the states's central depository system so that the state attorney will keep track of when he pays late, etc. You may also be entitled to more money if his earnings have increased significantly recently and the support order has been in place for some time and is based on outdated information.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida