Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have a personal injury settlement pending from a personal injury suffering before

i filed for a divorce in the state of fl can my husband collect if i receive anything after divorce or during

i did not have lost wages

that affected martial income at the time

Asked on 4/01/13, 11:37 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Were you living together at the time of your injury? It could be considered that some portion will be attributable to marital assets in that you may have not been working during this time and all payments of care were from the spouse.

Read more
4/01/13, 11:56 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the proceeds are all for your injury, no. Does he have a separate claim for loss of services?

Speak to your lawyer. Good luck.

Read more
4/01/13, 12:10 pm
John Smitten McGuire Law Offices
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Potentially your husband can make a claim to some of this money, generally not for pain and suffering or future pain and suffering. Contact my office for free consultation. 727-446-7659

Read more
4/01/13, 2:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8661 active attorneys ready to answer your legal qustions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessHuntington Beach, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now