Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/19/13, 7:08 pm

I am the petitioner for a divorce. I have custody of one child and my ex wife has the other. I recently lost my job and filed for Temporary Cash Assistance. The divorce papers state that there is no child support being requested, it just has not been finalized through the court. DCF is requesting me ask for child support and had to comply so I would not get denied benefits. Will I be able if it goes to court to request I do not want child support? If child support is requested and I close the public assistance case, can the child support be dropped?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search