Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am planning on adding my father on my birth certificate since he was never on it. I was born outside of the country so I am resolving this outside of the United States. I am a us citizen and wanted to know how this addition to my birth certificate will affect me. I dont want to change my name. Will I have to change my name in the U.S.?

Asked on 7/10/13, 10:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

One effect that it will have is that, if you aren't 18 yet, and if he isn't living with your mother, he will presumptively owe child support. Adding him to your birth certificate will not cause you to have to change your name.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 12:17 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No you will not have to change your name. The FL Office of Vital Statistics will update your records.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 2:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now