Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

i am pregent 12 weeks i am not with the father and he keeps telling me hes going to fight for custody what do i need to know to stop him from getting custody?

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

Wait until the end of your sixth month of pregnancy before confering with counsel. It simply is to premature right now.

If he wants to fight for custody, he will have to pursue it in the Courts. Once you get served with the paperwork, assuming he ever files it, you would have 20 days to respond.

The above information is provided without any consideration/payment having been received, and without full knowledge of all of the facts.

An internet inquiry is no substitution for an in-office consultation with an attorney.

If your situation falls within the Greater Tampa Bay area, when you are a little further along in your pregnancy, I would be happy to schedule you for a no obligation half hour office consultation. The main office is in Dunedin, with a satellite location in Tampa.

Feel free to Google me.

Good Luck, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1587 Main St., Ste. C

Dunedin, FL 34698

Tele. No.: 727/455-6596

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida