Florida  |  Family Law

I'm not being represented yet. I'm trying to get the money for a Retainer's Fee. I have a deposition today. How can I answer thier questions without causing any damage to my attorney that I'll be getting?

Answered on: 9/07/12, 4:37 am by Elliot Goldstein

You should have already retained an attorney. However, as that is already "water under the bridge", handle yourself as follows: Make sure you completely understand the question before answering it. If you are not sure of what he/she is asking, ask the attorney to clarify the question. Don't go on and on. While completely answering the questions, keep it to the point. Don't guess or assume anything when responding to the questions. Don't lie, or make any misrepresentations. While you shouldn't be an obstructionist, sometimes "I don't know" is an appropriate response. If you are dealing with figures, or other specific facts, unless you are sure of the facts, or amounts at issue, it is perfectly appropriate to use "approximately" in your answers. Be polite, and do not be baited into losing your temper.

The above information is provided without any consideration/payment having been received, and without full knowledge of all of the facts.

An internet inquiry is no substitution for an in-office consultation with an attorney.

Contact me to schedule a no obligation office consultation.

Sincerely, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1587 Main St., Ste. C

Dunedin, FL 34698

Tele. No.: 727/455-6596

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein 1014 Ohio Ave., Ste. B Palm Harbor, FL 34683