Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Sole Heir

Mother died and left no will i am the only child and she has a house and i have paid the taxes up to date how do i get this house in my name there are no leins aginst her estate ,please help

Asked on 5/04/07, 7:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Sole Heir

It's called intestate succession. You can go to your local Law Library and see about what is called "Family Administration" and, if you qualify, it might be the easiest. You may still want to check locally with an attorney since it involves real estate and you want to make sure the title will be good.

Read more
5/04/07, 8:46 am
Gordon Nicol Law Office of Gordon T. Nicol
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Sole Heir

You are going to have to open probate. You should talk to a Florida probate attorney to assist you with this matter. If you need help e-mail

Read more
5/04/07, 12:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88263 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now