Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/10/12, 7:00 pm


My husband is active military and we are still married, but have been separated since July 2011, when he was deployed to Korea. We have a 2 year old sonm who has been in my care for over a year. When my husband returned to the states in July 2012, he was immediately stationed at Fort Hood, TX. He asked if our son could visit him for a few months to make up some missed time. I was very hesistant at first because our son is so young and has NEVER been away from me for longer than a weekend. But I thought it was the right thing to do, so I agreed. I flew my son to TX on Aug 19th. He has been there 3 weeks and now my husband says he is NOT giving him back. I can't afford an attorney and there's never been any kind of custody hearing so I know we both have equal rights. What can I do to get my baby back?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search