Florida  |  Family Law

I am in the state of Florida and my children's father is taking me to court for reduction in child support. There was an increase entered in 2011 after filing for custody his last attempt to get out of paying at all backfired in his face. Two months after the order went into effect his quit his job moved to another city and is now mainly living off his wife, which makes about triple his income. Is there anything I can do to show the judge that his is doing this intentionally and can the judge enforce the current order if he/she believes that he is intentionally under-employed?

Answered on: 8/13/13, 11:34 am by Robert McCall

Chapter 61 of the Florida statutes has a provision for "Imputed Income", this may apply for the intentional under-employment.

Law Office of Robert McCall 1515 Elizabeth Street, Suite H Melbourne, FL 32901

Answered on: 8/13/13, 12:33 pm by John Smitten

Yes to the extent he lives for free or gets free stuff you can impute income to the ex.

McGuire Law Offices 1173 NE Cleveland Street Clearwater, FL 33755

Answered on: 8/14/13, 7:05 am by Thomas Rosenblum

Hello. Your support should be protected under our statutes...such as the remedy mentioned in the other answers. I hesitate to go into detail without knowing the names of the parties to make sure my office isn't representing him. If I have no conflict & you want to discuss this further or need representation in No. Fla., pls. give us a call. I have handled numerous cases such as this in the 20 yrs. I've been in private practice. Good luck. Tom Rosenblum

Rosenblum Law Offices 45 West Bay ST., Ste. 202 Jacksonville, FL 32202