Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/22/06, 7:42 am

When can I stop paying child support

I was ordered to pay child support for my 2 children who are now 16 & 17. I just found out my son (16) has been expelled from every school since he's been with my ex and working full time and not attending school. My daughter is working fulltime also. Both are forced to pay their own way with no support going to them.

Do I have to continue to pay child support if the children are both working full time - financially independent?

Is my ex in contempt of court since he has not told me anything that has happened to my son, will not inforce the

visitation and incourages my son not to call me, come for his visitation, and will not include me in on any decisions (letting him drop out of school in the 10th grade!) and refusing to drive him to school?

What rights do I have as the noncustodial parent? I just found out my son was selling drugs at school (reason for his expulsions in the past) and was never told about this. My ex refuses to share any information regarding my children.

Can I get custody of my 16 year old so I can take him to school?

I desperately need some help - cannot afford an attorney but need to stop this $500 a month support that does not even go to my children.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search