Legal Question in Medical Leave in Florida

My 12 weeks is up but my Dr wont release me to return to work after surgery yet, I recieved a letter from my employer that states that if I am not back to work at the end of 12 weeks I will be terminated.I am not physically able to return yet. What should I do?

Asked on 12/05/12, 2:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Behren Behren Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Based upon your disability, you might be able to seek an ADA accomodation for additional FMLA leave. For more information, feel free to check us out at or

Read more
Answered on 12/07/12, 9:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Medical Leave Act Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now