Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

I was dating a very controlling man and we recently broke up. He took me on a cruise during the relationship as well as gave me and my children expensive gifts. Most recently a hot tub. He was mad when I ended things (found out he is still married) and he asked for me to drop off his clothes and personal belongings at his work. I did. Now he is texting me demanding the hot tub back and said he will take me to small claims court for the price of the hot tub and my half of the cruise. The hot tub was purchased used, he paid cash $500. What do I do?

Asked on 6/15/13, 6:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Probably best to ignore him. It sounds like a gift and he wont be getting it back in Court if he decides to waste his time. I would block his email and phone and move on.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 8:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now