Florida  |  Civil Litigation

I was dating a very controlling man and we recently broke up. He took me on a cruise during the relationship as well as gave me and my children expensive gifts. Most recently a hot tub. He was mad when I ended things (found out he is still married) and he asked for me to drop off his clothes and personal belongings at his work. I did. Now he is texting me demanding the hot tub back and said he will take me to small claims court for the price of the hot tub and my half of the cruise. The hot tub was purchased used, he paid cash $500. What do I do?

Answered on: 6/15/13, 8:02 am by Barry Stein

Probably best to ignore him. It sounds like a gift and he wont be getting it back in Court if he decides to waste his time. I would block his email and phone and move on.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131