Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

My daughter resides in Gainesville, FL- stored her jetski at a complex for last 2 yrs- property owner had it towed 9/4/09 stating was abandoned- owned by my father - he received registered letter today advising jetski is in posession of the towing company and has assessed charges of $503 to pick it up- $88 for tow- $35/day storage- $75 lien fee search with DMV- $45 admin fee- advised the towing company that the daily charges for towing should not have started until he was notified today- no way to know it had been towed. The towing company refuses to accept less- value of jetski approx $1500-$2000 - is there something we can do to or do they own the jetski as he refuses to pay that amt to get it back?

thank you, Pat

Alan Wagner Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.

No way to know it was towed? The daughter who was storing it knew it was towed and she should have called daddy.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms