Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

I was in an at fault car accident in December 2010. I did not realize my insurance had lapsed, making me uncovered. I spoke to the woman who's daughter I was in the accident with and we agreed for me to make direct payments to her for the damage, since I wasn't covered. We never went through with that, and I never heard from her again. I just received notice of an auto negligence case for court, a hearing is set for next month. My question is, what are the consequences I might incur from this? I am a single, unemployed mom, and have no assets (no bank account, no car, no income, nothing). Any advice on what might be coming my way is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You will have a judgment entered against you and that will follow you and any assets you have in the future. It is viable for 10 years and can be renewed for another 10 years after that.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms