Florida  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/08/13, 5:31 pm

can monies received from a divorce settlement/401K that they chose to cash out instead of roll it over to another investement be forced to be used to pay off debts that they are delinquent on?

i.e. husband & wife divorce, wife receives $117,000 cash from ex's retirement account, wife defaults on all her debts she agreed to aquire in the divorce FJ can she be forced to pay those debts by the husband through lawsuit/contemp of court filing to bring those debts current or settled.

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/09/13, 5:09 am by David Slater

A contempt proceeding is available.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search