Florida  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/25/10, 5:07 pm

I am part of a non profit organization that helps addicts and alcoholics. We have a small nonstaffed house that we allow people to live in short term when they have nowhere else to go. We do not have any staffing at the houe. As long as they stay drug and alcohol free, and can only have medication prescribed by a physician. We had a person that had been staying with us for a month. She was asked to leave her father's house. She could not contribute monetarily to the house and was saving what she had for rent for her own place. She was on pain meds from a physician, and evidently took to many of them. EMS was called to the house and she was transfered from our town to another facility. What we have learned is that her liver was severely damaged from long term abuse, and she is very ill and not expected to live. I want to know if there is anyway our organization could be held liable for anything.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search