Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

Ok first let me start by pointing out I am located in Miami Dade County Florida. Now here's my question with a bit of backstory; I lent a "friend" some money and as collateral he signed over the title to his boat. I have the title but the boat is garaged in his property. What kind of right, if any, do I have in order to get the boat retrieved from his property?

Asked on 8/20/13, 3:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You probably have a right to foreclose on the chattel which you hold AND/OR sue for return for the funds.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 6:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now