Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

What is the statute of limitations if there is one for Invasion of Privacy? A private detective came onto private property (Membership only) and photographed me presumably for the benefit of my ex-spouse. There are many more details, but the main question is the time issues.

Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.

You can find information about the Florida statute of limitations at Florida Statutes 95.11. Invasion of privacy is a tort. There are four categories of invasion of privacy as recognized in Agency for Health Care Administration v. Associated Industries of Florida, Inc., 678 So.2d 1239, 1252 n. 20 (Fla.1996), including intrusion, which is defined as physically or electronically intruding into one's private quarters. Consult with an attorney in your area for additional assistance.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms