Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

I was a subcontractor for a janitorial company incorporated, an employee in the store fell, she tried to sue the store and the maintenance company and failed. Then she sued the insurance company and got a settlement. My question is: Can she sue me personally?

The accident happened in 2003, the business was dissolved in 2007 insurance settlement was in 2008

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

Based on your description a suit would be outside the statute of limitations. There are probably additional protections as well but at this point the answer should be no.

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

Agree,

Byron Petersen Byron G. Petersen P.A.

There are countless reasons why you are not personally liable including worker's compensation law and the Statute of Limitations (the latest time a suit can be commenced). You need not worry, remembering-though- the general rule that it seems at times that anybody can sue anyone for any reason-- hoping to bring the adverse party to their knees.

This is not a legal opinion. For that you will need to formally engage a Florida lawyer and confer.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms