Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

I won a judgment in small claims court in Florida. The defendant was ordered to fill out form 7.343 which is a fact information sheet to help me collect the judgment. If the defendant does not fill this out, can I get the judge to hold the defendant in contempt of court? Or are there any other options available?

Dawn Marie Bates-Buchanan Bates-Buchanan & Savitsky Law Group, P.A.

Yes you can file a Motion to Compel and the Judge can issue an Order to Show Cause and enter sanctions if the Defendant does not comply which can include attorneys fees and or costs associated with the enforcement action. You can also schedule the Defendants deposition or hire a private investigator to determine if the Defendant has assets or income that can be levied against or garnished. If you need further help my firm charges $75.00 for a consultation.

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You can do an assets check as well, but they are expensive. Some companies will do a bank account check and not charge you unless they find an active account. These can cost $1500 or more to do if you do find an account even if it has $10 or something minimal in it.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms