Florida  |  Civil Litigation

I won a judgment in small claims court in Florida. The defendant was ordered to fill out form 7.343 which is a fact information sheet to help me collect the judgment. If the defendant does not fill this out, can I get the judge to hold the defendant in contempt of court? Or are there any other options available?

Answered on: 7/10/13, 6:39 pm by Dawn Marie Bates-Buchanan

Yes you can file a Motion to Compel and the Judge can issue an Order to Show Cause and enter sanctions if the Defendant does not comply which can include attorneys fees and or costs associated with the enforcement action. You can also schedule the Defendants deposition or hire a private investigator to determine if the Defendant has assets or income that can be levied against or garnished. If you need further help my firm charges $75.00 for a consultation.

Bates-Buchanan & Savitsky Law Group, P.A. 522 9th St W unit 2, Bradenton, FL 34205

Answered on: 7/11/13, 1:53 am by Barry Stein

You can do an assets check as well, but they are expensive. Some companies will do a bank account check and not charge you unless they find an active account. These can cost $1500 or more to do if you do find an account even if it has $10 or something minimal in it.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131