Florida  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/22/13, 9:33 pm

hi. can I go to my origin country with as8 green card? I want to visit my grandparents they are old and not healthy. will it cause losing of my residency?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/23/13, 8:40 am by Marlene Hemmings

You are always free to travel outside the United States, as long as you have a valid green card & valid passport. However, if you are going to be gone more than 6 months, it is advisable that you file for a "re-entry permit" before you depart.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search