Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

vawa, can I apply?

I wrote few times to this web page; I was @ DVS shelter 2 times at less one year (emotional and verbal abuse). I have the permanent injuction against my husband and I filed for the divorce (still pending, we will be 2 years married this month). The problem is I am a conditional resident til march 2006. I never left the country after I came here with fiancee visa (I married with the petitioner). I have a friend, she is living almost the same thing (she was rape) @ pensilvannia. Her lawyer told her that she is not available to apply VAWA because she was in her country (legally) and VAWA has a new law, just the people who never left this country (don't matter if was a vacation and legally) 3 years after the first application can apply. Is that true?, then do I need to stay here waiting without notice if I can apply? I have with me a lot the different fiancee visa petitions my husband filled in with different girls. He has prior DV records and his first wife got the residence with VAWA. Can I apply?...the last thing I will never do is return with him...then do I need to return to my country and left him do this again against another girl?.

I will appreciate advice, because now and lost with this new attachment for vawa laws.

Asked on 11/12/04, 9:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Myron Morales Lee Lane Smith LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: vawa, can I apply?

From what you wrote, it sounds as though you may be eligible.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/12/04, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now