Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

My wife is a US citizen,she filed a petition for me oct 2012, by april 2013 I got my green card, within six months. She has filed a petition(I-130)4 months after she has filed mine for my two daughters that are in Haiti they are 7 and 12 years old,the petition going on it's 5th month now, we haven't had any decision notice yet from USCIS, IS there some there complication or some thing

Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

Five months is not a long time. The current processing time for most I -130 filings exceed 5 months. Furthermore, consular processing (obtaining a green card through embassy or consulate action outside the US) also tends to take longer than if you are in the US and adjusting status.

I suggest you meet with a local immigration attorney and provide a copy of the documents you filed along with any communication from USCIS. If the filing is inadequate or otherwise faulty, it is easier to correct the filing before a decision is rendered than to appeal after a decision.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida