Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

If a home insurance claim is paid after one's death, how can the survivors use the money to make repairs to the home?

Asked on 3/06/13, 7:59 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The funds should be paid to the Estate, if the individual died owning the house, and the Estate would make the payments.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/13, 8:02 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A Personal Fiduciary of the Estate will have to be appointed.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/13, 10:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Insurance Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now