Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

I live in a villia community should and we are cover by the condo association for the buildings. each villia has 4 units. WE cover are own contents on the inside with Insurance. Some of the residents want to do away with the insurance by the association and get their own for the outside, to me this is not a wise choice. Because if someone does not carry insurance on the outside and they have damage. and don't fix the problem my property is in danger. right now all of the villias outside property insurace come out of our associations fees. so this way everybody has insurance. what do you think

Junilla Sledziewski The JJS Law Firm, P.L.

I agree with you. I also live in a condo and am thankful that the fees cover insurance on the outside! That is the whole point of a large portion of the fees!

You should check your community's bylaws to see if this action is even authorized.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida

Insurance Law Legal Forms