Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

Am I required to be insured on an auto I co signed a lease for in the state of Florida. I do not drive the car or live in the household.

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The car must have insurance. If you dont drive it technically you dont have to be on the coverage, but as the leasor, you really should want the coverage so that you dont have to pay for damages without insurance. In addition, having you as an insured on a policy providing coverage for the actual driver should not cost a great deal more. Check the costs out with an insurance agent. You say you do not drive, but you dont say if that means you dont have a license. If you dont have a license, not sure how you could have co signed the lease so much as you guaranteed the financial obligations under it. Either way you should want the insurance coverage.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida

Insurance Law Legal Forms