Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

Being sued by Geico insurance for auto accident

I was involved in a auto accident in 2004, I had full coverage but my policy didnt include bodily injury,and fl is a no fault state, the other person involved hurt her arm and geico ended up paying her out 100,000 dollars. Now they're taking me to court to try to collect. I have no assets and dont make a lot of money so what will they be able to do? Can they put a judgement on my credit? and if so can i declare bankruptcy to get rid of it? and would they be able to garnish my wages since it was a accident and not something i did intentially? Thanks

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Re: Being sued by Geico insurance for auto accident

Call me immediately to discuss this. Depending on details you did not post, you may be able to wipe this out in bankruptcy. If you don't act, you likely will lose your license (and will owe $100,000).

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

They may be able to do several things, including garnishing your wages, putting a lien on or seizing your property, putting the judgment on your credit, and/or suspending your driver's license. If you qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you should be able to erase any debt you would owe to them and stop all the effects I mentioned.

Alan Wagner Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.

Usually, if your insurance company paid, then you were released. Contact GEICO so they and your lawyer can explain what is going on.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida

Insurance Law Legal Forms