Florida  |  Insurance Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/04/13, 10:30 am

At one time when my ex-girlfriend and I broke up I stopped her insurance policy under my name. She in-turn called MetLife and started her own policy back in feb 2012. I found out recently when I stopped my own policy that MetLife (using the term "spin-off") was billing me for the entire duration of her insurance policy with the company. For the past two months I have been on contact with them about getting a refund of some sort. They payroll deducted me from my employer for her insurance premiums without my knowledge using this term "spin-off". At first this issue was "overlooked" for a few weeks (about 3 wks to a month). As of today they say that. This issue is still under investigation and they are going to send my ex-girlfriend the bill. Is it illegal for this corporation to payroll deduct me for another persons insurance when I clearly called in and canceled her from my policy? I got no notice, nor did I sign any type of authorization for them (MetLife) to deduct me. Is there anything I can do in this matter?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/04/13, 10:36 am by David Slater

1. No. Hope you did it in writing.

2. Sue for reimbursement.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search