Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida

I got into a contract with a former employer that offered me a severance pay when they closed their business, but the employer has not honored the terms of the contract, and has not paid me what was offered...does this constitute as a "breach of contract" and if so, how can I go about collecting what is owed to me?

Asked on 2/24/10, 12:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As you describe it there is a breach of contract. You will need to sue if they will not honor the agreement.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/10, 8:20 pm
Scott Behren Behren Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Depends upon whether you have a written contract or not or something to document you agreement with them. An employer is not under any obligation to provide severance. Feel free to call me if you wish to discuss this further.

Scott Behren

Read more
Answered on 3/02/10, 8:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now