Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida

false customer complaint

a customer called my company saying that i smelled of alchol theday before during a pickup. i was not informed of the complaint for more than 12 hours.nodrug test was given company made no investigation and wants me to sign off letter stating company policy of alchol and drug policy.they will not tell me customer name or location to interview person making complaint. can they hold back such information and accuse me of doing alchol on duty on hearsay.

Hunter Chamberlin Chamberlin Butler & Crowe, P.A.

Re: false customer complaint

If they are asking you to simply sign a policy statement, that is unlikely a problem. As long as that statement does not contain any type of admission that you did anything wrong, it should be ok.

You may want to have any attorney take a look at whatever you are asked to sign before signing it. I would be happy to discuss it with you in greater detail. Feel free to contact me at your convenience.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms