Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida

Flex time instead of overtime

My employer often ask and mandates dates that I have to work past my 8 hour work day. It is a 40 hour work week and often makes us flex our time instead of paying overtime. When I approached my boss one week for a specific date and time to flex my extra hours he stated the flex time is a privelege and not a right and I may just need to work the full days and take the overtime. In this environment I don't feel it is not flex time if they are dictating when I have to leave. I often have my boss tell me that today is a slow day and I need to leave now so I can flex out the extra hours I worked the night before. Is it me or is there something wrong with this picture. Is this legal or just unethical.

Stuart M. Address Law Offices of Stuart M. Address, P.A.

Re: Flex time instead of overtime

If you work more than 40 hours a week and are not exempt they have to pay overtime not give you flex time. You should contact an attorney locally or you can contact my firm.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms