Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida

I am inquiring to see if I qualify for unemployment compensation. I have worked for a restaurant in Florida for over four years. Recently the owner, who owns the restaurant and a bar side by side, was foreclosed by the old owner (the original owner, owner financed my boss for both places). The restaurant has now been acquired by another individual. The new owner plans on shutting the place down for approximately two weeks for renovation and then re-opening. My concern is that the new owner also wants to conduct new “interviews” with all current employees to see if he is going to keep them as employees for the new establishment. If, for say, I was not kept as an employee would I be eligible for unemployment compensation. Keep in mind that my record is clean with the previous owner; I have no disciplinary actions on my file. Thank You.

Alan Wagner Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.

soundfs like you would be eligible. There is a waiting period. Go and get the forms so you know what information y0ou will need.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms