Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida

I work for an employer that is about 18,ooo behind on my pay. I make 90k a year. The company is trying to attract new investors. It is also heavily in debt to creditors. I now get a grand here and there when an invoice is paid. A job offer elsewhere is pending which I will accept. How do i get the company to pay what they owe, and if it fails (there are only 4 employees, and my position is intregral), how is my amount prioritized with the other creditors.

Asked on 1/15/10, 7:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may need to sue. I believe that you are just like any unsecured creditor.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/10, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now