Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I need to evict my ex boyfriend of 7 years. I live in gulf breeze fl. I am storing his things in my garage. I've been told by the sheriffs dept. that because he has a license with this address I can't have him removed from the property or his things. He is not living here. My name is on the mortgage & is in my name only. How do I legally have him removed ? Thanks erin

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Did he have a lease? I dont think his license status prevents you from removing him. I do think legally you have responsibility for the items stored in your garage and you need to locate him and have them removed. Do you know where he is located now? I would start by contacting an attorney and writing him a letter that explains you need the items removed. If suit has to be filed, the attorney can direct you toward the most efficient means of doing that.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms