Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I need to evict my ex boyfriend of 7 years. I live in gulf breeze fl. I am storing his things in my garage. I've been told by the sheriffs dept. that because he has a license with this address I can't have him removed from the property or his things. He is not living here. My name is on the mortgage & is in my name only. How do I legally have him removed ? Thanks erin

Asked on 3/29/13, 5:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Did he have a lease? I dont think his license status prevents you from removing him. I do think legally you have responsibility for the items stored in your garage and you need to locate him and have them removed. Do you know where he is located now? I would start by contacting an attorney and writing him a letter that explains you need the items removed. If suit has to be filed, the attorney can direct you toward the most efficient means of doing that.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/13, 6:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now