Florida  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

I received a notice of termination of month to month tenacy. The notice gives me until June 30th 2013, and states that I must pay all of Junes rent. The rental agent is holding in escrow the amount of $1900, which is 2 months rent. In our original lease which ended Feb 28, 2012 we were required to give 1st months rent, last months rent, plus an additional months rent, along with a $500 security deposit. My question is, am I required to pay for the month of June, or is it already paid? Also would like to know if I was going to get the other $950?

Answered on: 5/18/13, 9:12 am by Barry Stein

Your lease agreement controls. It needs to be reviewed by an attorney. Your last month rental should be covered by the last month you paid in the lease assuming it was not credited at the terminationn of the lease.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131