Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I was served with a notice of termination of mth to mth tenacy. We moved into this house in 3 of 2011 with a yrs lease for which we paid 1st, Last, $500 sec, $100 pet dep, and 11th months rent. In the termination notice, we were told we had until June 30th to vacate, but that we would owe all rents for the month of June even if we left before the 30th. My question is, do I have to vacate by June 30th per the termination notice, or do I have 2 months prepaid per my original lease. Bear in mind that we have never been late with our rent.

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

A month to month lease must be given 15 days notice to vacate. This means you have been given sufficient notice. Did you have a written lease that extended after 2012 to a month to month thereafter? Your fact pattern is confusing. I think you need to be out by 6/30 and you owe for whatever time you are in the unit. Your last 30 days has been paid for already per your fact patter.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms