Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Florida

Back in Jan 2010 my wife had a c section in Florida for months after she had severe irregular bleeding back pain abdominal pain cramping and her doctor wouldn't find anything wrong just gave her birth control and motrin we moves to south Carolina and she saw a new doctor after a few visitation he performed a d and c he found cysts fibroids and large chunks of placenta left he attributed that to her pain and suffering for a year he said since it was a c section it was obvious malpractice and we should seek legal advice yet lawyers here can't help since it happened in florida and lawyers in Florida want face to face widgets can't happen right now so we have a good case is it worth the effort research online doesn't give us much please help

Asked on 5/25/11, 10:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your bigger question is whether the damages are significant enough to warrant a claim at all.

Is she OK now?

Are there any future damages?

Was she off work? Why?

is the SC doctor willing to testify and sign an affidavit that the FL doctor was negligent (if not, then it makes the case even tougher to handle).

Any case would require you to come to Forida to testify at deposition, for mediation and for trial. Is that a problem?

Alan Wagner

AlanWagner @ WagnerLaw . com

Read more
Answered on 5/25/11, 1:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now