Legal Question in Mediation in Florida

Have a court date for simple dissolution of marriage and wife wants part of what I will owe her before that date. She is not happy with the amount I am offering, but doesn't want financial disclosure and has no money for a lawyer. Should/could I set up a legal contract to give her some money early?

Asked on 7/09/13, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dawn Marie Bates-Buchanan Bates-Buchanan & Savitsky Law Group, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. You should not change the terms of your agreement. Your wife could walk into the Final hearing after she got the money and hired an attorney and try to change or even get the agreement thrown out and ask the court to determine that the money you gave her since it was not court ordered should be deemed a gift. Wait until the Final Judgment.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 6:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now