Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

I bought a car from someone on Craigslist, and didn't realize that the name on the title was different than the sellers. The person whose name was on the title signed over the car to the person who sold me the car, but the seller was supposed to first register it on his own name before selling it. I don't know any of these guys and can't get in contact with them. The title is from out of state. The car is not reported stolen. Can I get the rights to own this car in court ? What court ? And what's a rough estimate on the court costs ?

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

If the title was left open (as in the seller properly signed off on it and no one else ever signed before you obtained the title) you should be able to sign the title and become the legal owner. The person who sold you the car is trying to avoid sales tax and a registration fee. This is actually pretty common.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida